The Office of Risk Management (Risk Management) is committed to providing a safe educational, work and research environment. Our mission is to encourage and support practices that mitigate the risk of adverse events that affect people, property and the mission of the University by:
- Managing the University’s insurance and self-insurance program
- Overseeing related claims
- Advising and consulting units regarding methods to control the risk of loss to the University
- Providing oversight for youth-serving programs
Risk Management assists University stakeholders in achieving their own objectives, while reducing risk to the University. We strive to partner with your unit or division to:
- Identify the risks that may impact your goals
- Assess how those risks fit into the University's risk tolerance
- Develop and implement plans to manage the risks moving forward
- Monitor for changes and developments
- Providing guidance on best practices and policy compliance for those working with minors on campus
We provide many services to the University community including consultations, training, loss prevention surveys and guidance, and insurance procurement and management.
The Office of Risk Management invites you to explore our website to become familiar with some of the resources and services we offer. We encourage you to contact us by email or phone to discuss how we might be able to assist you.
Office of Risk Management
Edward H. Levi Hall, Third Floor North 5801 South Ellis Avenue Chicago, IL 60637
Courtney Davis, CPCU, ARM
Kenyatta L. Tatum Futterman, J.D.
Becky Rhode Executive Assistant